Monday, August 4, 2008

The joys of a looong weekend


So, although I couldn't head down south to the picture below, i've just returned from four days of sunny/overcast days in the Haliburton Highlands where I have a cottage.

A beauty long weekend....full of booze, boating and benevolence. Everything beginning with B anyway.

The long weekend is usually pretty relaxing until the ride home. I was initially planning on leaving early Monday morning, however giving it some thought I realized that everyone and there pooch would be heading home around the same time. So me being the inventive type I decided to leave late on Sunday night. Well apparently I'm not nearly as inventive as I once thought because a trip that usually takes about 3 hours took nearly 4....and I took the 407 ( the expensive highway that is faster).

Seriously why? Once there are more that 10 cars on the highway people forget the basic rules of the road.

Numero uno- the fast lane is for drivers driving fast.... not drivers driving under the speed limit with a trailer and forty bikes on the back of there wayward caravan. RIDICULOUS!

Numbero dose- there is no need for excessive break usage. There was this person in front of me that would break every time that he or she ( I couldn't tell if this person was male of female because as soon as the chance presented itself I blew past them @ 180km) thought that the car 2 miles in front of them might on the off chance stop!

Oh well, I'm home and learned a valuable lesson that if I am going to head home I either have to leave at 3 am or take the dirt roads home, not the major highways.

All said I did have a pretty damn good weekend. Just relaxed and totally forgot about the bogosity that sometimes occurs at work....okay that always occurs at work!

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

--- bogosity? is that a word? hahaha.