Friday, August 22, 2008

My Little Birdie


So most of the people who regularly read this blog will know that a member of my family (my pet bird pogo) died recently.
It's not the best picture I have of her, but I figure I would put it up anways because it's a pretty cute picture.
You know, I can't believe how supportive and "uber" cool my friends have during, during probably one of the most depressive times of my life.
I know that your thinking that it's just a bird...
but really she was way more than a bird...she would walk out of my bedroom into the kitchen just to get some piece of food ( usually meat, or spaghetti), she loved coke (only in the can) and would attack anyone who she felt might steal her eggs...or mirror or febreeze bottle that she liked to chew.
It's nuts what people (myself included) do for their animals....after she got sick in may I was told to keep her warm when I brought her home...so (much to pogo's dismay) I crammed her into my bed and would sleep beside her, for like 2 weeks.... It worked though she did get better.
I miss her so much and swear that I can still hear her walking around my appartment... I thought I would just share a little of the bird that I loved and was lucky enough to have for an all to short 14yrs....

2 comments:

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Erin, what a sweet post about your bird.

Indeed, she wasn't 'just a bird.' She was a life. And you were very much a wonderful companion to her. She was so lucky!

Meaghan said...

--- aww, erin, i'm SO sorry to hear about pogo. =(

losing a pet is always the hardest, sometimes harder than an actual person.

i wish you all the best. and while you can't be a teen mom to another bird, there's always the chance you can be a regular aged mom to a lucky one if you choose. =)