Monday, July 7, 2008

So on the way to work....




Of course i'm already 15 minutes late, and there is traffic on the highway because the city of Kitchener is physically unable to construct proper highways.


Bumper to Bumper and I can already assume that there is an accident (however minor) probably about 100 feet ahead of me that people insist on looking at.


I am in uniform, so as I pass this "fender bender" and think to myself...."people are stopping to look at this shit". There was two cars that had stopped, AND one had a flat tire. This was why I was late for work, and also why it later became my first call of the night.


Some "good samaritan" decided that someone, at somepoint (i'm guessing whilst changing the tire) somehow looked injured in someway. BOGUS!!!!! That good samaritan called 911, without stopping to check himself wether or not anyone was hurt. So with this individual calling 911, police, Fire and Ambulance ALL show up for someone changing a tire.




Needless to say the poor sod that I had passed earlier on my way into work, still was changing his tire when the calvary shows up. The tire guy has this deer in the headlights look, as does his waif of a girlfriend.




My rant lesson for today, IF you are kind enough to call 911, STOP TO CHECK IF EVERYONE IS OKAY...unless, of course it is a gun fight between to nuns ( you don't want to get in the middle of that shit).




No comments: