Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BIG PAIN!


So, just thought I would add my two cents about something that has recently come to my attention.

Tattoo's are great....however don't get them done on your wrist.


My most recent is two waves...and I do really love it. I had it done in April on my left wrist. I like the design for a number of reasons...the two waves inter- "mingling" appealed to me the most.
The actual design is called "nalu" meaning; Wave, surf; full of waves; wavy as wood grain. Ke nalu nei ka moana, the ocean is full of waves. 2. vt. To ponder, meditate, reflect, mull over, speculate.
As I said love the design, however should have chosen to place it elsewhere on my body. My wrist hurt like a son of a gun (the first time around).....the problem arose afterward when the tattoo artist told me it will probably fade because my wrist was a "high traffic area"...
Question number one-why in the hell did he not tell me this vital detail prior to permanently etching it into my arm.
Question two- what the hell does he think i'm doing with my wrist to make it a high traffic area...? LAME
So...needless to say it faded rather noticeably to the point where a 11 yr old friend of mine stated bluntly "Erin, you probably shouldn't draw on your arm...it doesn't look good"....(YESS)
So I diligently trudged down to the local tattoo hole today to get it re-done.
The first time hurt...but was bearable...second time....SHITE!
It really hurt this time, he went over the same area so many god damned times that I was practically shooting blood onto the table.
So, I still say go get that snake holding a rose tattoo you've always wanted but avoid the wrist like the plague my friends....like the plague
Well have fun out there, and good luck.....

3 comments:

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Erin, 'diligently trudged' is the most appropriate way to describe how you must have marched into that parlour. Way to be, Millereenz.

Pee Ess: Snake holding a rose? Thank you for giving me the best goddamn tat idea running. You, my friend, are a jean-yus!

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

try this blog on for size: http://quebexas.blogspot.com/

you will like some of his pics. be sure to check out the one where "he" (???) is dancing with some white dude, whom he later gave his phone no. to...

love it!

Meaghan said...

--- Where are your other tattoos? If they're on your crotch, I don't want to hear about them. PERV.