Saturday, February 7, 2009

Driving across Canada anyone?

Well one of my good amigos has asked me to be in his wedding party...on the guys side, next year in july. I am totally pumped and cannot wait...i'm even exited about wearing the damn groomsman dress that apparently is needed in such a custom.
With that being said, I started thinking about ways in which I could get my bad self and some friends to Vernon B.C for a frugal price. Flying...okay it's quick but sheeet it's tres cher. I don't really want to pay $750 bucks for only a flight,(....I might pay it for an all inclusive where I can indulge in the public drunkeness that sometimes is my life!) I thought of the ol' reliable train system but when looking into that I found apparently that nostagia is also expensive.
So thus far unless I take my personal vehicle (which won't make it outside of ontario) I think the RV is the way i'll be slummin' it to B.C.

I became excited about this prospect....shoot: see Canada, be able to drink while someone else is driving, don't have to stop of at hostel after hostel which no doubt are seedy at best in certain parts of our home and native land, did I mention the drinking possibly through the boring parts of Alberta and my ability to share it with friends. It sounded pretty exciting.

Realize how I used the term "it sounded"...after I had some time to process our adventure I began to think, with whom would I travel? Obviously my good friend the austrailian...(ha) he is a pretty cool travel partner.....hmmn....I started to think I could bring my friends...but none of them are included in the wedding. I began to serisouly realize what I had suggested.
I learned rather quickly when travelling through europe that people you don't know are gross to sleep beside....one of my friends put it best "I don't want to wake up and find some strangers GIANT back in my face". Aint it the truth. I began to think of all the weird shit that people do...ie-their bathroom routine (ew.....even that word grosses me out), their driving skills, the ability to keep my 5 year old-esque attention span while driving in said parts of Alberta.

So again after some realizations I decided that, that idea is out....I think unless I can bring my good friends...I will end up probably driving across Canada, in my car...which hopefully will work it's way across Canada. I can share a few laughs with my friend, share gas, tent and be able to happily deal with his clean, small and friendly back in my face.

1 comment:

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

direct quote: "The last thing I want to see when I wake up in the morning is a giant back." --me on hostel life